CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Seemingly Overnight

I am always amazed by how many skills you acquire and how much you change in such a short time. It seems like every night you go to sleep and the next day you wake up with some new ability. The one that surprised me the most is that you developed different cries. You went from having one loud wail for everything to having four different kinds if cries. Well, four that I can absolutely differentiate every time. There is a whimper kind of cry. Usually you whimper when I am holding you but not paying attention to you or if you are in your chair or on the floor with me right next to you and you want me to pick you up. Then you have a whining sort of cry. This is the next level of unhappy. You start this cry when I have done what you wanted. If i put you in my lap when you want to be on my shoulder, you start the whining cry. I have to keep trying different positions until I figure out exactly what you want. Next, you have the "I'm getting upset" cry. Usually you get upset when you are hungry, need a diaper change or you have just woken up. These three cries are almost always accompanied by ab adorable pouty face. Your final cry is the angry cry. You get angry when I can't figure out what you want or I take too long to do it, It is an all out scream that breaks my heart.

You are mastering other skills too. I think my favorite is sticking out your tongue. If I stick my tongue out at you over and over, you will do it back to me (if you are in the mood of course). You have earned a new nickname from me too....

My Chubster

2 comments:

MJ said...

He's growing! I love it.

Soleil has 2 cries- normal and then the hyena :)

bshenry said...

Well, I'd say that's definitely an appropriate nickname!