CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, October 13, 2008

A Big Day!

It has been one month, one week and 4 days since you were born. Until today, I hadn't been away from you at all yet. I wanted to go to a job fair today since it will be time for me to go back to work soon. I would have brought you with me but didn't think that would go over well. Nancy babysat you while I went. I promised I would only take an hour but gave her a bottle just in case. Then I crossed my fingers and hoped that you would take the bottle if you got hungry since you only get mad at me when I try to give you one. Well, I had an interview at the job fair and it took much longer than I had planned. I rushed back to get you to walk in the door and find you contentedly taking a bottle. Its a step that shows you aren't completely dependent on just me. I was happy that I can allow other people to watch you and feed you but also a little sad. Feeding you was the one thing had only *I* could do for you. Well, that's not true. I'm still the only one who can be your mother and I guess that is all both of us need.

Another big step. Yesterday I put you in your crib for a nap. Usually when you wake up and realize you are by yourself you get upset right away. Not yesterday. Yesterday you woke up and contentedly played in the crib. I heard you making cooing noises and went to check on you. You were wide awake and happily playing. You were making adorable faces, so of course, I took advantage of your content moment to take a bunch of pictures.
And lastly, another big step. You have been intentionally smiling at me when I talk or sing to you. This is the first smile I was able to catch on camera. Well, its the end of the smile. You give very big, whole mouth open smiles, then end with a little grin. The grin was all I could catch.

1 comments:

MJ said...

Oh Heather, he is so cute! Woohoo for the job fair. KMP. I hated going back to work after 2 months off. Dontcha just love that he can play independently?!?!?!?