CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome Back!

Surgery. I don't care how minor or common a surgery is. No mother wants to hear that her 8 month old has to have surgery. But, that's exactly what happened. Ear tubes 3 days ago. It was nerve wracking. It was stressful. It was so hard to hand you over to the doctor. And even harder to listen to you cry when you woke up, knowing I made the decision that caused you to be crying like that.

But it was completely worth it. In just a couple days, you have changed so much. My happy little boy is back.
In the weeks and months before the surgery, you spent most of your time following me around and wanting me to hold you. Today, you flat out ignored me to do some exploring. First, you found the bags I didn't put away when we got home.
I promptly put them away which upset you, but only for a minute. You moved on very quickly. You tried to get Tori's picture off the fridge and got pretty angry when you couldn't reach it.
That only lasted a few seconds as well though. You spotted a Tupperware lid I had let you play with a little earlier. You were quite happy chasing it around the floor for a long time.
I couldn't get your attention for anything. When you did look at me, it was just to laugh or say something and then go back to playing.

Welcome back, little boy! I am very happy with the results of the surgery. I am elated that my little boy is no longer in pain. I love seeing that wonderful light back in your face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so happy to hear that he's doing better!

Tanya said...

everytime i see the title welcome back I start sing that song in my head thats on ABC welcoming back the new episodes.. welcome back welcome back wellllcome back.. i'm glad he's doing better though